August 6, 2008

Headline News!

My favorite quotes from the Flint Journal newspaper this morning. Did I say how proud of my mom I am?

Nine of 10 Genesee County-area supervisors get ousted during August primary...

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan -- Call it the Tuesday Night Massacre for local township supervisors.

The political victims.... Also biting the dust....

Barbara Vert was the second highest vote-getter in the Democratic Flint Township trustee race with 1,644 votes, beating out incumbents Brady Smith and Roger D. Powell. Vert said voters liked her in-person campaigning."They appreciated seeing my face, rather than my literature on their doorstep," Vert said. "They appreciated me taking the time out to listen to them and the fact that I ran a clean campaign."Vert partnered with incumbent Trustee Belenda Parker, who was the top vote-getter with 1,793.When John Neiman cast his ballot Tuesday night in Flint Township, there was one thing in particular he wanted to see changed.


FLINT TOWNSHIP, Michigan -- It's out with the old and in with the new in Flint Township.
Unofficial numbers reported by the township show that newcomer Karyn Miller has ousted current Supervisor Doug Carlton by almost 300 votes.

No comments: